There are several advertising tools that companies can use to attract people to use their products and services. However, one of the most cost effective ways to market your website once it is created is publishing a press release as this will help you to be in the news and limelight and also draw the attention of people and media at the same time.
However, it is important that your press release is well written and promoted in the right way. Merely preparing a press release is not sufficient for your website; you also have to get it published so that your target audience reads it. A press release for your site can go a long way in boosting your SEO efforts because when you put your link in the release which points to your website, it will help you get more backlinks which in turn will increase your website traffic.
Since the main idea behind a press release is to capture more audience for your products and services and promote your site, you must ensure that your press release is attractive and interesting enough for those reading it. Equally important is the choice of a good press release distributor for better results.
When should press release be used?
Since a press release is a platform for you to connect with the people and media, you can use it when you have interesting announcements or offers to make or when you are launching something new in the market. For instance, you can use this medium when you are introducing a new product or service or when you are sponsoring some event.
Benefits of a press release
- A press release offers you an opportunity of free publicity. If the editors of the sites to which you have submitted your press release consider it as attractive and newsworthy, they will publish it which means free publicity for your website.
- Press releases also help in increasing your search engine ranking because the more the number of links pointing to your website, the higher will be your ranking.
- A press release also creates an awareness of your presence in the minds of people.
Below are a few simple tips on writing an effective press release:
- It should be newsworthy and interesting so that it can be of value to readers.
- The press release should also be short so that it conveys your message in brief making it easier for a person to read. You should also avoid too much jargon and flowery language. It would be best to keep the language of your press release simple and plain.
- Your press release must contain facts to gain credibility. You should avoid exaggeration as it will not help.
- Finally, avoid addressing your target audience with direct terms like “you”, “I” etc, as it would appear more as an advertisement instead of a press release.
You can reach out to me:
Digital Marketing Consultant/Strategist - The Nerdy Spider
Give me a Call or WhatsApp: +91 9949673786
For a Confidential, No Obligation Consultation!